Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
ArchaicArcane

I didn't exactly forget about this thread, I just forgot to subscribe to it. Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I get mine from Guy Baker at http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/
Very helpful and honest!
Thanks guys! I will definitely get in contact with him when I get a chance to sit at the computer, hopefully tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Try to find an OSMG (Old Sewing Machine Guy), they are worth their weight in gold. Be patient because they are hard to find, are generally "quirky" but have lot's of spare parts. The best ones are still working out of their homes. PM me with the 99 parts you need, I may be able to get them for you from my OSMG. Cost of mailing to Canada should not be much if they are light weight.
That's the problem. The two OSMGs I've been dealing with are either out of parts for me, or moving. I hope it wasn't something I said.

I'll shoot you a PM. I think I have most of the (currently required) parts covered but for a few odds and ends now. I appreciate the help

Originally Posted by bobbar View Post
I have bought some Model 66 parts from www.sewingpartsonline.com
for a Singer machine.
Looked like all new when I hit there today,.. looks like a good one if sew-classic doesn't have what I need though. The problem with some of the new (non-Singer) parts is that they don't always fit, or look quite right (like the "flat" finishes, instead of the nickel plate. And of course, some parts, like face plates are simply not available. But thanks for the recommendation for another trustworthy place to shop for the consumables.

Originally Posted by Quilts and Watercolors 4 Me View Post
I love April1930s.com. The feature Featherweights, but see what you can find.
I do a lot of window shopping there. She's got a lot of toys, .. uhm,.. items I'd love but are too rich for my blood. Good to know she's good to deal with too.