View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Silver Needle

I see your point. I would never have given it back to a client in this codition. As a longarm quilter I hate to hear about incidents like this. It is always good to ask to see some examples of someone's work before committing your quilt. It's one of the reasons we maintain a website. Another good question you can ask is what training or classes, if any, have they had to advance their skills. I have taken 45 hours of private training on using our Intelliquilter from Suzanne Moreno and other group classes. This can give you an idea of how dedicated the person is to their craft.

I would also like to give you Kudos on your post regarding this regrettable situation. You stated the problem and your sorrow but didn't "rip the quilter" to shreds. I wish we could all come over and have an unquilting bee to help you. She won't really need the quilt til colder weather so even if it's a little late: I suggest...Put on a good movie, get a LARGE box of Godiva chocolate and rip it, rip it, rip it. And I would speak to the quilter about it and about a refund. Good luck if you decide to try it yourself.

Last edited by Silver Needle; 07-24-2012 at 10:05 PM.