View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 AM
misseva

My WalMart in Newport, AR has a really nice fabric department. At first it looked as if they were doing away with it but now it's back bigger than ever along with scrapbooking & cake decorating. I went back this week to buy some more of a specific material for backing on a quilt. They only had 6 yards and Lisa said she could order another bolt in for me and it would be in approx. Aug. 7th. How cool is that??? She will call me when it comes in. By the way, it's a 50 mile round trip from home to Newport. It's 100 miles round trip to next nearest town and all they have is a Hancocks and I can't even afford their fabric. My mother & grandmother made quilts to keep warm out of scraps left over from making dresses and the good part of worn out clothes. I have one my G/mother made me when I was a child and it's over 70 years old - soooooo guess where you buy your fabric depends on your pocketbook. I don't travel to WalMart more than once a month either because of gas prices unless I have to go to vet or eye doctor.