View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I won't buy from Walmart because it's inferior to my LQS. It's so obvious. Their fabric is like cardboard. And, they don't have anything that matches and you can't find a sales person anywhere. You all must have nicer fabric depts. than I do at my Walmart. My Walmart's fabric dept. is a joke. I don't mind paying the extra money for the good quality fabric. I want my quilts to last. And my machine likes the good quality fabric.
Since I've never been to your local WalMart, I've no idea of the fabric it happens to carry. However, most WalMarts carry a decent variety of fabric qualities . . . including some that is every bit as good as LQS (although some of it is almost as expensive, also). Having visited quite a few WMs, I have noticed the individual stores often seem to cater to the local consumers, in some departments.

As for your machine only liking the "good quality" fabric, does that mean it doesn't perform well, on the thinner or thicker fabric? If that's the case, perhaps you should consider a different machine. I have a 35 yo Kenmore, a Janome 7700, and a Brother CS6000i. All three of these machines will sew well, on any fabric I offer.

Last edited by Neesie; 07-27-2012 at 09:07 AM.