Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
JEM2012

I like having the information for differnet sizes more for the yardage requirements, not because I can't figure out how to scale the quilt up or down on my own. I just made a quilt that I wanted to make bigger than the pattern, and in calculating the yardage myself I screwed up and ordered way too much backing. Could have been worse and ordered too little, but still!!

To whoever said they don't want extra sizes for the charm pack/jelly roll/layer cake type quilts, those are actually the ones I want it for most. Where there is yardage I can estimate what I'll need (if the quilt is going to have 25% more squares, I'll need about 25% more fabric, etc.), but with a jelly roll or layer cake I have a hard time transferring that into an actual increase in what I purchase because I can't wrap my head around thinking about precut bundles in terms of yardage. Especially if I'm buying yardage to fill out the precut, instead of purchasing a whole extra precut bundle, which would typically be WAY more than I'd need!! The quilt I tried to increase and screw up was a jelly roll quilt.