Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 PM
grann of 6

Well, I was at Joann's today to take advantage of their $1 off per yard on quilting cotton, and half price on the "better quality" fabric selling for $7.99 per yard. I got some of both, and as far as I'm concerned there is no difference in the quality between the two groupings. Then I went to the Red Tag section to see what they had. It was all $6 & $7 per yard.....for clearance cottons. Yikes!!! I don't have a LQS any more. Then since I had a 40% off coupon for one regular priced item, I decided to buy a new pair of my favorite titaniun spring handle shears. Got to the register and she said I didn't have anything to use the coupon on. I said, "Oh, are the shears on sale too?" She looked and said no, but that the computer wouldn't take the coupon on the shears. So I said, forget it, I don't need them that bad. She was determined to make that coupon work, and finally she did. When I got home and checked my receipt, she ended up putting the coupon in as AC Moore coupon. That is a craft store for those of you who don't have them. Anyway I got the shears, so that is good. The moral of the story is to stick to your guns, the clerks are more than willing to help. But I am not in a rush to return to Joanns for fabric. Back to on-line shopping.