View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 AM
urgodschild2

I never thought about getting my daughter's wedding quilt appraised when I made it 9 years ago. She did use it until they bought a Duvet. They now live in Australia and that seems to be the preference of bed coverings. When she first moved down there, I went with her and she had to use the wedding quilt because her duvet's were all packed on the slow boat to Australia. She worried over it, worried the baby would pee on it or spit up on it etc. I told her not to worry it is washable and meant to be used. Now that the duvets are there the quilt has gone back into storage. I have a feeling if I had it appraised then she would never use it because it would be so pricey.
So maybe letting some one know how much the quilt is, they may get scared and not use it for fear of spoiling the gift. I make quilts for one to love and use so I wouldn't want them to be afraid to use it because of the price. But then on the other hand.....it should be included in the home insurance in case of accidents. Sigh....you can't win or lose here so I guess I will stick to what I have always done......Just give the quilt and let them decide what they will do with it as it now belongs to them.