View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts View Post
About a month and a half ago I posted a thread asking for new machine suggestions and everyone was so helpful. I did a little research about the machines suggested and decided to go with the Brother CS-6000i. I just completed my first quilt with it and I am in love!!! Huge thanks to Skittl1321 for the suggestion!!!
I have this same machine and I also really like it. However, after several quilts I was cleaning it and decided to change the needle and then it started to make this awful clunking noise. I took it to the repair shop, she said that the noise was OK and wasn't hurting anything. Well, I didn't like the clunking noise so I thought back to all of my steps and decided that I should check the needle. Since it worked so nicely with the needle that came in the machine, I went to the manual and it said the needle in the machine at time of purchase of a size 11 so that is what I put back in the machine and now it works just fine and doesn't make that clunking noise. However, I still prefer to put on the binding which is sewing thru 7 layers of fabric on my Vintage Singer 201 which I keep the walking foot on at all times for that purpose. I like to FMQ on the 15-91 so that machine always the FMQ foot on it. You will really like the CS6000i.