View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
My dream if I had more room, would be a two tier table, one side at about a 25"-27" height for my sewing machine, and one part waist high as a cutting table, with a flip up side or back on the sewing part for when I quilt so it can hold my quilt without me having to tug it up from the floor all the time
Good Morning: Check JoAnn's. I got the Sew Essentials Quilters Design Table, #1848746. I love it. It is not oak or walnut or anything, but it fulfills what I need. It is about 47" long, 30" or so deep. (That's Open), It folds down to 15" deep. There is an area for your sewing machine, a small drawer, a cupboard that has two shelves and another shelf in the knee hole. I got it for $100 and something with the coupon. I have had it for over two years now. When I close it up, I put the sewing machine on the floor, shut the door, put the brakes on the wheels and I can put a cloth over the top and no one would ever know that I have my whole sewing room (not counting stash) in this little area. You can google Sew Essentials Quilters Design Table. Pops right up! The only thing I don't like is the edges of where the sewing machine goes. Sharp edges. Miss Bess likes to sit by me and will lift her head up and ZAPPO, she gets a conk on the noggin! Big dog! I have a very small area to work in, but I have worked out a little sewing station for me here with a little table and the ironing board (which has to be taken down when not in use - or I can use my Cut 'n Press on my little table when I iron seams. Big ironing board for ironing rows. Works. We are so adaptable. Good luck! Edie
Edie