Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Vicki W

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Okay Ladies.... I have a dilemma and I am not sure how I feel about it. Here is the deal....
As you all know I have Meadow (who is a guide dog) and I want to bring him to the family Christmas this year and it is being held at dh's Aunt's home (she lives in a million dollar home and it looks that way as well) and I got an email today from Aunt's dh saying that we need to talk about the dog coming to their house for the family Christmas. We are planning on going to Chicago for a day as well during the vacation. We most likely be driving back and forth each day(not sure yet) So do I stand my ground and put my foot down and say that he is coming to bad deal with it. Or do I just say okay if he cannot come and not go to the family Christmas, and let dh go alone? What do you all of you think?
Perhaps, she is just inquiring to his level of training at this time, I say talk to her. He is a well trained dog and she might not be familiar with all of the training. Share with her how essential is it for Meadow to be with you. After the discussion she have her arms open for your entire family to visit including Meadow. I think the communication is key and many family difficulties happen because we don't talk to each other. Then you can decide what you want to do if she is indeed wanting to say no guide dog but I will pray for the best.