View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Elfi2

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Sweet little Joey! Your son deserves accolades for having the presence of mind to go check the adult kangaroo after an accident. Glad to hear your son is okay and that the joey survived. In the States, deer ARE a problem. We have two plastic gadgets that fit on the front grill of the vehicle. The air goes through them creating a sound not heard by humans, but it turns deer right around. They are called, "Whistlers." Wonder if there's anything that would help with kangaroos?
I've heard of these whistlers in Germany, I think there might be something similar here for kangaroos, not sure, never really checked. The problem is that kangaroos can be on the road all year round not just in mating season like with deers. Although my husband who used to be on the roads a lot and also at night, observed that if the moon is increasing they tend to jump on the road, sometimes it's really like they want to commit suicide..... You see them sitting on the side and then they just jump in front of your car - most of the SUVs have bullbars in Australia, some normal cars too - and when the moon is decreasing then they tend to jump back into the bush when they see your lights. It's really strange....