View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
coffeebreak

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I have used Kona solids from JoAnn's store and online.....found no difference and loved the thickness/feel of the fabric....I can't attest to Kaufman Kona, but will always buy Kona from JoAnn
I but at Joannes too... they have KONA 100% cotton for $7.99 and Quilters Legacy 100% cotton is $5.99 and Cuntry Classic is also 100% cotton for $4.99
I have bought all three and specifically watched for the difference. I always pre wash everything. Then I iron to get out wrinkles and fold until use. I then lay the fabric out and cut the strips/squares as needed. Then I spray starch them and press (not iron) then begin sewing them together. I press/set seams, the press them open or sideways.

In the end...the only difference I see is the Country Classic fabric (which is the thinnest of all three) and doesn't "starch" and stay firm as the other two. I don't see very little difference in Kona and Legacy...so for the diff of $2 a yard... I usually stick with the Legacy. So far, I have been very happy with it and it doesn't stretch or get out of wack. The Kona feels thicker on the bolt over the LEgacy, but once washed and working with...I don't feel a difference in the fabric at all.

And if I use the Joann's coupon for 40-60% off a regular priced item (fabric being "Item" is a length of fabric, no matter how long, just no cuts) so even if you specifically want the Kona...catch it on "regular" or watch for the sale price.

Last edited by coffeebreak; 11-14-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: addition