View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 AM
LoisM

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I am not familiar with your machine but just to point out something that these bobbins are the M size which are the large ones. I use this size on my long arm. I use the white nebs kind size L on my regular sewing machine and embroidery. I attended a seminar by a Viking embroidery educator and she advised not to use the prewound bobbins for embroidery as it affects the quality of the stitching. She said to try the same design with both our own wound bobbins and the prewound and notice the difference in quality. I haven't tried that yet but will sure do.
Thanks for pointing out the fact that there IS a difference between the L bobbins and the M bobbins, Charming. My machine uses the L bobbin which is also sold on that site (Superior Threads). In my haste for an answer, I linked to the M page by mistake. The fact is, I already have so many beautiful threads, I think I'd better use them up before I buy any more. I'll just fill up a few bobbins to have at the ready but I definitely see some of these pre-wound in my future. The company has a number of videos on youtube which are kind of interesting.

Last edited by LoisM; 11-24-2012 at 01:29 AM.