View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM
new2q

Originally Posted by AFQSinc View Post
I try very hard not to buy for stash. I don't have alot of space (though I probably have more space than money) and my tastes/interest are varied. That being said the smallest amount that I will buy for stash is usually 1 yard. If I know that I would use it as a border piece than 3 yards and if I know it will go with a variety of styles and colors then I might take 3+. It just depends on what I *think* I might use it for. I don't purchase too many fat quarters anymore.

I too try not to buy stash either.....When I decided I wanted to make quilts, I went through my "OMG....I need a stash". So, I went on a buying spree of fat quarters thinking that would build it quicker, then went on buying 2 or 3 yards of fabric if I liked it. Then when comes time to work on a project, I still have to buy fabric or now when I look at my stash, I see a lot of fabric that I don't know why I bought it. I'm sure I got a good deal on it or loved it at the time, but now it just takes up space! I have a small bedroom devoted to sewing and I have at least 6 totes and an armoire I bought at a garage sale full of fabric. I still have to go buy something when I start working on a project.