View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
kydeb

It is not illegal to talk on the phone here - it is illegal to text and drive. The 911 operator was wonderful! I really think the woman was under the influence of something. She was really "relaxed" looking, leaning over with one hand draped over the top of the steering wheel - not a care in the world as her car went in and out of lanes as well as into the raised median and on the shoulder (thankfully, this area of the road has a paved shoulder as wide as a regular lane). Several times we thought that she was going to hit someone but avoided the accident at the last second. She was stopped at the light when the officer made the u-turn in front of me to get behind her. I think she just panicked when she saw the officer that pulled in and when she hit the guy in front of her, panicked and hit reverse. You would have had to see it to believe it - totally out of it!!

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I guess that would be a situation if it were illegal where you live. Here, there is no law prohibiting use of cell phones while driving. It comes up in the legislature every year, but goes no where.