View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
meanmom

I have had 3 Rowenta irons and will never get another one. They were very expensive and I loved them The first one worked well for a few weeks. Then it started steaming so much it would run out of water in 5 minutes or so. It left puddles under the ironing board. I tried to warranty it thru Rowenta..... things didn't go well. I returned it to Bed bath and Beyond where I purchased it. They gave me a new one no problems. The next one lasted just over a year when it started leaking a lot. Out of warranty but I emailed Rowenta and said I thought a $100+ iron should last over a year. They said i was SOL. While I was shopping for a new iron my friend gave me a brand new Rowenta never removed from the box. She doesn't iron EVER. It lasted just over a year before it too leaked like crazy. Ruined a quilt block with the water stains. I now have a Shark that I like so far except the auto shut off is a little bit short but I can live with it.
I love auto shut off on my iron as it is upstairs and I always worried about if I remembered to shut it off. Good luck on your hunt for a good iron.