View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM
captlynhall

I don't expect a written thank you, though that would be so very nice. But at least a call or e-mail acknowledging the gift and a thank you for thinking of me is not too much to ask. My son lives across country. Last year, I sent my son and his new wife gifts. I never heard from them until I called to be sure they were received. My son said oh yes, we got them, thanks. His wife never bothered to get on the phone and say thank you for hers. This year, I did not shop for them, but sent them $100 in their Christmas card. If I do not get a call on Christmas day with a thank you, then next year, I will just send them a Christmas card like everybody else. I basically did the same for his birthday this last year. Always sent checks and a card. Seldom ever got acknowledgement. So this year I sent a card with no money, and it was a few days late. Believe it or not, he actually called me the day after his birthday wanting to know if I was OK, because I never missed his birthday. I just told him I had been busy. That's always his excuse.