Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM
SueLevin

I couldn't agree with you more about the sameness of American quilting magazines. I stopped several of them since they looked like they were repeating previously published patterns. I still get QNM and McCalls but they, too, have become lackluster. When I look at a pattern, I want to be inspired and that hasn't happened in a long time. I like challenging patterns even though I may never do them, but they become something to aspire to. I think American quilting has somewhat become too easy, too fast, since apparently that's what most quilters want. Whenever I see a phenomenal quilt at a show or in a magazine, most of the time it was done by a Japanese quilter. Simply exquisite work.

Let me know if you want the name of the store where I purchased my Daiwabo's. They have a website where all their fabric is 35% off including Daiwabo's for a limited time. I would have to give you the sale code which is somewhere in my inbox.

I ordered the patterns from Quiltmania and they charged my account about $31. Can't wait to receive it. I will keep you posted.