View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM
mermaid

[QUOTE=PaperPrincess;5752761]One other clarification. It's not that conversion software can't create a D1 file, the sticking point is that the floppy is reformatted in a specific way that the D1 will read. I am a retired Sr. Software Engineer with 35 years experience. I futzed around with this trying to create the proprietary file structure and finally gave up. YOu need the software that will format the floppy and move the file, not just translate the file for you to copy.
Also, as someone else mentioned, 3D and 4D will only run on windows 95 or lower. I just kept an older machine for this purpose.[/QUOTE
This I do not understand, unless the emb machine requires some special kind of formatting. I have WinXP and I format and reformat the 3.5 disks on my computer. Then I transfer my designs from MY DOCUMENTS (which happens to be where I keep them all--either singularly or in folders. I have embrilliance that allows seeing the images. My .pes designs just hop on board the floppy and stitch right out in the machine. Is this Viking some special sort of machine that requires software? It is really confusing me - I need to stufy up on this since I've only owned Brothers and Berninas.