Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Okay ladies and gentlemen! Where are all the offers of free fabric for this gal? We all have big stashes and I know if we dig through them, we can come up with 3 or 4 pieces that we can part with. How about helping out a "newbie" in a big way. Make her day! Almost 3,000 people have read this thread and I saw 2 offers. We're better than that!!! What about an old line that you don't like anymore? Take a few pieces out and let's get her address and send it to her. Make her a big time quilter!!! I am doing my part!! I can help! So can you!!!!!
Probably because what's to stop 100 quilters to suddenly post that they are on disability and need fabric, etc. ? In fact, there are probably at least 10 other posters on this thread who could use fabric because they, too, are disabled, but have not put out a plea or request for help but of course, they could use it and would also love gifts of fabric.

I'd say if you want to to, go ahead, but most of us just learned to "make do" with what we could, when we could, at the beginning. Her real help is probably just in learning what is necessary and what is not--sort of like teaching someone how to handle their finances.

Last edited by justflyingin; 01-02-2013 at 07:10 AM.