View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM
quiltykitty

My local JoAnn's is a fairly good place. Most of the sales people are knowledgeable about what is in the store. And most of them do sew. The manager quilts also. Only problems I have had were when I know what I want but it isn't made. I don't have a Hancock's near me, so I don't know about them. I do have a Hobby Lobby and the girls there do not sew. But, the store does reorder fabric.

As for coupons, it does irritate that everything is on sale and you can't use the coupons. Mostly, I just look now anyway.

If one did not know a thing about sewing, it would take quite a while to learn, if one were willing. I know of one business that does not require sales people to know anything about the product. They say they can teach anyone to sell the product. In this case it was sewing machines. There is a set of instructions and demos one has to master, but there is no requirement to learn to sew. And some of those who did not sew were the top producers.

Rude sales people seem to be everywhere these days. Wonder how they keep their jobs?