View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
FiBurGerl

I have six tables in my studio, two for regular sewing machines and one came with my sit down quilting machine. One of the sewing tables is a very sturdy, adjustable with a cutout for the machine. It was purchased at Sears and very inexpensive - a fantastic little table. My Mister and I made the other sewing table (see photos). It is a 24" x 48" x 3/4" melamine board (recycled from another project). Mister made a drop down cutout so the machine would set down level with the table top (I use a Supreme Slider mat where the machine and the table meet). We used the the Sears table as a guide for where the cutout would be. Purchased four IKEA legs and using an adjustable chair it all works great. Keep in mind you will want comfortable leg room between the bottom of the machine shelf and the chair. The table backs up against my painting table so I covered the sewing table with white contact paper for easy clean up or replacement when I've been fabric painting. Also, by having the tables abut each other it allows support for large sewing/quilting projects and a larger area for painting. I hope this helps.[ATTACH=CONFIG]390388[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]390389[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]390390[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]390391[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]390387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sewing-table-5.jpg   sewing-table-1.jpg   sewing-table-2.jpg   sewing-table-3.jpg   sewing-table-4.jpg