Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Quilter Steve

Thumbs up Mystery Quilt and Fabrics

Originally Posted by SueLevin View Post
Hi: Just watched several of the videos. The reverse applique doesn't look too difficult now that I saw how she does it. Been thinking of ordering the pattern only and using/buying the fabrics separately. I like the fabrics the pattern designer used but may not be the ones that Primitive Gatherings would send. The pattern costs 23 Euros which I think is about $30. I can't seem to find a picture of the completed quilt on line. Do you know where that might be? YouTube is a great source of videos. Wish they were in English.
Yoko Saito's Mystery Quilt, is indeed, not a beginner quilt, but anyone with applique experience would have little trouble making it. Some of the issues of Quiltmania magazine were hard to find during 2012, so QM introduced a complete pattern pack for the quilt, with instructions in English. It is available here https://www.oneworldfabrics.com/shop...t-pattern-set/. Although my company, One World Fabrics, does not sell kits for this this quilt, we do carry the entire line of fabrics designed by Yoko Saito, called Centenary. We also offer our own collections of Taupe fabrics by color groupings in pieces as small as fat eighths for appliquers. We have a Taupe collector club for those interested in building a stash of these fabrics.
You will be pleased to know that two U.S. publishing companies have begun to translate into English, and republish many of Yoko Saito's books. Several of these will be released this year. Two are currently available on the One World Fabrics website. Sign up for our online newsletter to keep up to date on the release dates of these books.
Thanks,
-Steven