Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
I know this seems like a stupid question, but I have the hardest time cutting a straight line with my ruler unless I hold it down really well. I cut on my floor for the most part, so what I end up doing is putting a knee on one end of the ruler and my hand on the other end and then cutting with my other hand. It works fine, and I get straight cutting w/o the ruler moving on me, but I think I would prefer to cut on my table, however, every time I do cut on the table I have problems with my ruler moving on me.

I would love help with figuring out how to fix this issue!
It is not a stupid question, as there is no such thing, only a stupid person who doesn't ask! It is also a query with all quilters as you will see from all the replies.

I am lucky 'cos here in the UK the original non slip rulers were invented: http://www.creativegrids.com/ I don't know if you can get them over the pond or what price they would be but to me they are impressive and do work. The built in non slip points on the under side really work and for me I love their clear Black/White markings.