View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
wordpaintervs

What a lucky buy for you. for you that you got to get all that wonderful stuff. You warmed up my day to hear about it. Thanks for sharing.

In my small town, the thrift stores don't have fabric, etc. Glad you are more fortunate. I do buy boys clothes used like new for the boy doll section of the dolls I make and give away to VERY sick kids (Most with cancer) When it is half price day, and I'm out of clothes for the boys,I go shopping. I make dresses (long skirts decorated with lace and trim (topsy turvy so 2 dresses) for the girl dolls.

Vickey S.

Quiltin;5889559]My DH and I were in a thrift store we had never been in before. I asked a clerk if they had any fabric and she pointed to a board and said if there was any, it would be on that board. I had already been over there so I started looking near the linens on a table. There was a plastic bag all stapled together and I could see it had charm squares in Christmas patterns. I grabbed that bag so fast and held it close to me until we checked out. When I got to the truck, I opened it and almost passed out ! It had 5 charm squares of 100 fabrics and two packages containing 7 FQ's each. So I ended up with 500 charm squares and 14 fat quarters, all in the same fabrics for $3.97. These are in the original package, never opened. Earlier in the day, at another thrift store, I bought the brand new Fons and Porters 'easy quilts' magazine Spring 2013 for 50 cents and the price is $6.99. I have to wonder who the original owners were and why these items ended up in a thrift store. I also bought a beautiful new sewing basket for $3.00. I have quite a reputation for picking up bargains and today I feel very blessed. Guess the family is getting Christmas quilts this year !!![/QUOTE]