View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:52 AM
karenpatrick

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
there is a HUGE difference between Wax paper & FREEZER PAPER....freezer paper has a plastic coating on one side- is white paper on the other side- you can see through it is easy to trace patterns onto the paper side- then you press the plastic side to your fabric--it does not leave a sticky residue- holds well- is reusable multiple times when used for applique patterns- or templates you are cutting around- runs through your printer nicely.
WAX paper is the stuff we used to press leaves between sheets of when we were kids in grade school- it is WAXY---will leave a wax coating on fabric (and possibly stain it- it is not what you want to use ...Freezer paper comes in a large blue box in the grocery paper/plastic isle....near the wax paper- but they are two totally different products that you don't want to mix up.
I saw a demo somewhere where the quilter "stitched" the quilting pattern onto several sheets of wax paper at a time using her sewing machine but with no thread in the needle, then using that pattern to pounce her pattern on her blocks. I've never seen anyone iron wax paper to a quilt. I'd be very afraid of residue.