View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HapaMom View Post
I haven't been here in forever and wow has this place changed! I'm new to Vintage machines and my affinity is for the models made in the 50s. But on to my cry for help ...

I have a Lenco 414 straight stitch, made in Japan (I think this thing is solid cast iron?! WOW!) and since my mother (she was from Japan) is no longer with us (sadly, the machine is not from her but a craigslist purchase) I can't ask her how to thread it. I thought I had it but there is a part at the top towards the front of the machine (left side) and it has a little lever at the bottom of it that if I press it it pops up. However, I tried wrapping the thread around this heavily grooved vertical "post" and the thread would not move, so assumed it was not to be threaded through, yet when I try to sew, nothing happens so I'm missing something.

Let me know if you need pics. I can't find anything on the internet anywhere to help me so I appeal to the experts. Mahalo a nui loa for any kokua (thank you very much for any help)

*HUGS* and Alohas,
Bridgette
^.^
see if this link is any help: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html