Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Frontierlady

Default Fleece wrap

I have made a fleece wrap for my elderly aunt and a neighbor's mother who is on dialysis and gets so cold during the process. Take a piece of fleece that is double the person's shoulder to hip measurement. Fold in half end to end with the selvages on the outside. In my second grade classroom we used to call it "hamburger style" ; ) Cut up the middle of the first half to make an opening and round the end of the opening to make a neck hole. If stretches so you only need a small neck opening. Round the bottom edges and finish as you wish with scalloped cutters, rolled hem or blanket stitch. It is easily washed and is soft to sensitive skin and easy to put on.

I just saw the pictures of the comfort wrap in the comments so this is the same type of thing but with fleece.

Also, visiting the person is a joy for both of you, so make the most of that opportunity!

QUOTE=EllieGirl;6027514]My mom is 97 and lives on a skilled nursing home, and is on Medicaid. She needs nothing. She was a talented seamstress and quilted until about five years ago. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could make for her?[/QUOTE]