Old 05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Elisabrat

Yosamitesa: Love your one glass wine glass.. only takes one glass to finish a whole bottle! very cute. I think its perfect who wants to get up and refill only to have to get up and refill right? Your backing solution came out great. I get into so much trouble doing things like putting a stripe in my backing. it looks great sewn together til I sandwich (then its ok think its straight) then I sew.. and its all over the friggen place not straight at all. So le Brat? she never adds stripes up or across on backing ever ever again lol.

Dabbler: can I be your partner? I love your fun summer colors and yes they scream summer and sherbert and sunshine and beach blankets an all good things about summer. boy a patchwork with those would be lovely 2.5" squares (hey I am not sewing them I can make them as small as i like!) and something so simple like that.. heaven I am in heaven... oh wait! they are not for me??? WHAT??? sigh.. ok fine.

I whipped up a runner today for my dialysis pal. I thought go simple so I did on point squares half squares quarter squares three borders tada! so simple. (not) then I did stitch in the ditch on the center squares. great marvelous. then I had those hst/qst's this is where I got rid of the go simple Brat. I decided to sew with green thread on the black fabric lines up and down every quarter inch quilt it like I have never quilted before. OMG first off on a solid you show any slight movement left or right. sucks. then well its work. stop start snip all over. It took me three hours. took 2 seams out. I was so tired I wanted to toss it in the big dumpster. Dont get the brat too tired she actually does these things. It came out nice. The lady will like it or I will be one grumpy camper. I will finish the binding for her in dialysis tomorrow and then I hope not to see a parrot for a little while. ok if it was for me I wouldnt mind a parrot lol but not sewing on one for a little while kiddos. so if you end up stuck without a runner you will not be getting a parrot one from me. summer flowers or r/w/blue and thats the final offer