Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Default Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Table Mat/Runner Swap

This Swap will close May 5th.

Welcome to my swap! This is a Table Mat or Table Runner swap.

A Table Mat would be any shape that would be a centerpiece; this should be a minimum size of 16" across the longest point. For instance, a hexagon table mat that is 16" from one corner to another at its widest point and each of its six sides are 8".
A Table Runner should be a minimum size of 12"x28". Table runners are typically longer than they are wide.

How it works:
This swap will be a partnered swap. You will work with your partner to determine colors and sizes that will work with them. THE THEME IS: SUMMER FUN!

Design and method will be up to the creator but since this is something that will be on a table and likely spilled on, make sure whatever you make is washable on at least a gentle cycle. Goo d grade cottons only no homespuns or non cotton fabrics in this swap please. You should make something you would put on your own table at home. Take your time, there is no rush to get it out fast. better slow but steady and you will be pleased with what you send and your partner will be thrilled to receive it!

Please PM ELISABRAT with the following information by May 5th. She will then match up names and get them returned to you by May 8th. You will have until July 1st to mail the finished product.

Board Name:
Phone #: (this will NOT be given to your partner, this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
Do you have any allergies:
Do you have any allergens (cats, dogs, smoker):
Can you ship international:
Do you have the ability to post pictures:

It is encouraged and acceptable to post pictures of fabric choices, progress. I would love some lively conversation so lets keep this a fun forum to chat, bounce ideas off each other, assist each other as needed. There will never be a dumb question so ask if you need help. And above all else.. HAVE FUN! Encourage each other!

Please notify Elisabrat as soon as possible if you feel you cannot complete your obligation. Please don’t sign up if you don’t think you can achieve a finished product in the time allotted.

People who fail to follow-through and do not notify Elisabrat will be banned from any of my future swaps (should there be any) and your name may be given to other swap hosts. Obviously, things happen in life and I will certainly consider that, but you must communicate. I reach out fairly regularly to check on progress so there is no excuse for not telling us if there might be a delay.

So jump on board everyone and join the fun!

Now for the legalese.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here at the Quilting Board: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm ****

I am required to insist that participants send Elisabrat a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify Elisabrat as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send Elisabrat verification of shipment, to include tracking information.

Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by July 1st shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback.

Please keep in touch with Elisabrat as required. Please let her know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM

HI! I am temporary filling in for Anastasia our wonderful swap leader while she finishes her school semester. The girl is working too hard to be able to run the swap at this present time but I imagine she will be back and running for the next adventure!

I am hoping that all of you enjoy yourself in the swap and let me know if you have any questions! lets rock and roll and have some SUMMER FUN!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 PM

Well okay missy brat, I'm in and will even send you my info.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 PM

Hmmmm, thinking :P
Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Subdued I am, but I'm in...

My idea of summer fun will be to drink ALL THE WINE while I am child free for 4-6 weeks. Muah ah ha...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM

Definitely in..will send my info
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM

Jump on in! the quilting is fun! the concept exciting! you can chose to make a patriotic runner or a summer theme runner (whatever that means to you) talk with your partner and get a feel for what they might want. This is a quick simple swap, runners or table mats really dont take that much time and you end up with such pretty items. Think you can use them on your dinner/kitchen table, your coffee table, a side board, end table.. lots and lots of places. you could even pin them up on the wall and enjoy the color of the season your patio table? you can save it for a gift! shall I go on and on? Ok those of you who know me surely know I am capable (and willing!). Help me make this a swap that everyone wishes they had joined.

Most importantly please PM me with your sign ups. I will send a quick got it note back so you are sure your in. Yahooo!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM

Alright, I'm in!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:59 PM

You know I'm in. I'll get around to sending my info in soon. It's going to be busy the next 3 evenings, so I spend 3 hours at the nail salon this evening. My fingers are orange and my toes are blue. Alumni council meeting starts tomorrow. I have to work late tomorrow, but Friday and Saturday evenings are going to be dedicated to dinner with these kind folks. The least I could do was to meet them with pretty hands & feet!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 PM

Welcome everyone thanks for the quick PM's. Dustysmomma I can patiently await your signature on the dotted line. um how many fingers and toes do you have 3 hours? 3 hours? omg. I would get my fancy chair pedicure and manicure back in the day and it was out the door in less than one hour.. wowsa. I even got a lower leg massage, never wanted it to stop.. and next part.. just what kind of party is this where they are seeing your FEET too??? lol.. dont tell us its probably better we dont know..

oh ok give it up. this is going to be good. I am guessing btw that those are your school colors? interesting choice there girl. I think it will go with all sorts of.. fabrics in your quilt bins!