Thread: Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 AM
nonymac

Oh yes - I love it. Haven't done much lately but every little bit I learn adds to my information. My ggrandfathers name is on the wall at Ellis Island. He was from Sweden. His wife was blind (in her later years). I have American Indian ancestry but cannot locate tribe (you would never know it by looking at me). I have found cousin and occassionally write to them. I work and also do alot of overtime. So - with my quilting, being in charge of Youth Camp Crafts, taking my Mom to town and anywhere she needs to go I don't have alot of time. I did have a subscription to Ancestry which helped alot but I'm trying to become debt free before I retire and so have cut back on some of the "extra's". Good luck to everyone working on their's. Oh-by the way. My best friend (for over 40 years) found out that both our ggrandmothers maiden name is Mary Shipman. Both from Illinois. Small coincidence but I don't think their from the same family line. We haven't found that out yet. Would be great if we were. Well - having said all that I need to get back to work.