View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Skyangel

Originally Posted by JudeWill View Post
I have a question. What did your classes consist of? I bought a Bernina 730 & the classes consisted mostly of her showing me what the machine would do, not actually doing anything. I took notes, but I don't feel that was very helpful.
My classes consisted of doing every practice exercise in the workbooks that I posted a link to. The dealer provided the package of fabric samples and we attached the sample in the book as we completed the exercise. We also tried some techniques that called for a special foot not included with the machine and she would loan us those. Of course, trying a cool technique made a lot of people want to buy the extra foot, but you got a 15% discount for buying it on class day. We had 3 sessions of 4 hours each for the machine. There were different series of classes for the embroidery unit, the software and the serger. She also lets you take them again at any time. I know not every dealer does them as they are supposed to but it worthwhile to find out before you buy what kind of support you will be getting with your machine.

http://www.keizerbernina.com/my-bernina-workbooks.htm

Last edited by Skyangel; 05-23-2013 at 03:46 PM.