View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:30 PM
OHSue

When my husband decided to get me a new machine one year for Christmas he asked several of my friends what they suggested. One of them gave him the best advice...."Would you want her to pick out a piece of stereo equipment (or insert you husband interest in that spot) for you?"
So on Dec 23 he took me out for a nice lunch, then he said he was going to take me out to buy my gift, it was something I should decide. He wouldn't tell me where until we were at the store. I had asked him if it was something fun or something like picking out silverware? He wouldn't say, and the sewing machine store was right next to a furniture store, so he parked in front of the furniture store, we walked towards the furniture store, me thinking new couch, and as I reached for the door handle he said, "what are you going there for?" Then took my hand and we went to the sewing machine store. I cried right in the middle of the store, it was a lot of money for us at the time and I would never have asked for a gift that expensive.
So if your husband shows up with a new machine, tell him that he would want to pick out his own "fill in the blank" and make sure he keeps the receipt... thats a lot of fabric at Walmart prices!