Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 AM
mhollifiel

We now live in a small fishing shack with only 2 bedrooms. It is much easier to maintain and not just because it's smaller. The "fishing shack" concept puts it into perspective. We moved here from a much higher maintenance mountain retreat with a huge quilting studio downstairs that my DH had custom made for me. Here, my quilting area dominates the living area but my DH and I prefer to be together whenever possible so this works for us. (We were both widowed suddenly from long, happy first marriages.) I get much more done here and enjoy the laid back nature of this house. We clean when necessary! The kitchen, bathrooms, and floors are cleaned when required but not to excess.

I can't believe that no one's mentioned the Dress from the Dryer method of doing laundry. I finally told my hairdresser that I did own more clothes but often just put the soiled set in the washer and dressed in the clean set from the dryer. Having the washer/dryer in the bathroom makes this a "no folding" no brainer. My DH and I have mostly dressed this way for the 5 years we've been together. He's a huge help in starting the wash and transferring to the dryer. He also makes the bed even when I get up last. I spend most days blissfully piecing tops for Project Linus knee deep in using up my fabric stash kept on shelves in the guest bedroom. I am one lucky lady!