Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Cecilia S.

Default Oh, I love you guys.

Otherwise drowning in a sea of people who say mad things such as "Girl, why would you want more than one machine?", I heartily and soppily say "I Love You Guys Here on Quilting Board".

Breakfast Philosophizing:

I am not a "consumer", I live in small spaces, I make and recycle and do without, and the entire contents of my life can pretty much fit into one smallish storage locker. And yet? I have gotten so much flak (sp?) from friends since I came down with my disease, Machinus-Mustus-Rescuitus. However, I realized something: Of the four people who have openly rolled their eyes and admonished this behaviour, THREE of them are confirmed hoarders themselves. A-ha!!!! Three little words: Pot, Kettle, Black.

(The fourth was my Mommy. Mommies are meant to be crusty about these things, so I forgive that.)

So far, -ALL- of my sewing machines out together don't even cost half of what an i-phone costs.* So can someone with an iPad and and iPhone and 750 never-to-be-read-again softcover novels from the 1980s and three pressboard shelves of dusty knick-knacks and an apartment so full of stuff that one could not lie on the floor -really- criticize my disease with any validity? Here here!

Today I showed the Sewing Machine In Question to my boyfriend. You know, he may be competition for Sheila Sheluma's husband (see Phoenix 429 thread). He said, after learning that it was an hour away (and we have only bicycles), "Shall we rent a car, then, and go rescue it?"

Still my beating heart. Insane, to spend munney on a car rental to get a $20 machine. He said, "Ah, it'll be a lovely drive in the country!"

What a beautiful day.

I have emailed the seller expressing my firm and excited interest! I will keep you posted.

:-)

*Ever stop to consider the per-pound rate for an iPhone? Yeesh!!! ;-)