Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by terridez View Post
NICE! here's my story. I camp every year and have met quite a few couples that stay all summer too. A few years ago I started giving them all quilts. about 5 each summer. This past winter I heard thru my sister (someone messaged her on facebook) that no one likes me and that I only gave them quilts to try to buy their friendship. I hold one lady responsible for turning them all against me as she doesn't like me and she was my sister's best friend. I was so hurt that I wrote to all of them and said I thought they were my friends already and I didn't think I needed to buy them. I'm so hurt that I haven't given out anymore and probably won't even though I had about 4 more to give. Now they won't even look my way when I pass or talk to me because of the letter. I'm really hurt by all of this but don't know what to do. Thanks for letting me vent.
This is just not right! No wonder you feel hurt. But I imagine none of the 'friends' turned down those quilts you offered them. What a shame. I surmise that none of them know the time and effort put in to make a quilt. If it were me, I don't think I would be offering any more unless someone admired one and then I would offer it to them. I think you are so very generous. Wish there were more folks like you.