Thread: tied quilts
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
june6995

I was prompted to ask this question when Yvonne said she tacked her YoYo quilt to a sheet. Is there any Other way to finish a YoYo quilt? I have never really seen a lot of them and don't know how they are finished.

Nearly 50 years ago my Mother died and left behind a box full of hand made YoYos. One of her sisters gave me a box with the YoYo quilt put together in color block fashion and hand sewn to a sheet. I have often wondered what else can be done with them. They seem to fragile to use on a bed, as eventaul washing would be difficult unless it was put into a mesh bag to launder.

I will say that I knew a very stylish lady who wore a lot of clothing that her clever sister made for her. One of the most striking items she wore was a sage green (solid color) long vest/jacket that tied in the front. It was absolutely stunning. Has anyone made clothing out of YoYos?

What sort of suggestions do you all have for this type quilt? I would really like some idea of how I can use it, rather than store it in a box.

Thanks........June