View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
roserips

My mother taught me to sew at age 12 she said if I wanted clothes for school I would have to make them myself. She showed me her stash and patterns. She helped me make my first garment a pant dress and then the rest is history. I love to sew I have made so many things and enjoyed the whole process. Both my grandmothers quilted and I was given a quilt at age 8 which went everywhere with me. I never went to sleep without it even as an adult. When I was seventeen I needed an art project for school so I took all of my scraps from sewing items with coudroy. There was no wale, pin wale, wide wale, medium, printed and solid colors. I cut them into 5" squares and made my first quilt tufting it. The art teacher was amazed and wanted to share with the home ec. teacher who was unimpressed (that was the '70's) anyway that began my rode to quilting and learning everything I could about quilting. I still love to sew and quilt and have learned a lot along the way but still continue to learn as I try new techniques and play with new ideas. There is never enough time in the day for all the sewing I would like to do.