View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
ohmisslizzie

Originally Posted by samroberts01
Since I am reading all the stories about bad machines. I wanted to know what sewing machine would be a good one for me to buy, I want to spend around 150 ( going to be my xmas present from hubby) Also my daughter is 8 and is wanting to start sewing what machine do I get her?? She wants one for xmas and not sure if I should bother with the kids sewing machine or just get her a smaller cheaper regular one. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Well I decided on a whim that I wanted to make childrens clothing and quilts, having no idea how to use a sewing machine. I went online - researched, asked which one would be best and got 1000 different answers, I ended up getting the Brother CS6000I from amazon. I completley taught myself how to sew on that machine ( bought about 18 months ago), its got tons of extras and is a beautiful machine, read the reviews on it, for the price ( I got it on sale like 129.00 it has many things that the very high end machines have and it stitches beautifully. I am soooo happy I picked that machine to start on, its sooo very easy to use, so many stitches, the guide that comes with it is step by step- to the point that I was able to sew outfits and blankets for my children within 2 weeks, and after about one month I began selling botique outifits, blankets, rag quilts ( so easy) and got such positive feedback I was shocked, and I never had anyone teach me anything- at first I ripped alot of seams but I never made that mistake again, part of the learning process. After using that machine for awhile I decided that I wanted a machine that did embroidrey, I went with the Babylock Ellure Plus, which is a wonderful machine, and I also bought a husky lock 910 serger for professional seams, just to tell you how much I love the brother I often find myself taking that one to my sewing table and using that- when I have the option of my babylock, its just soo sooo simple and works so well, quiet, I can not say enough about this machine, check it out!