Thread: Spa Bag
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
Just curious, how do you put the inner lining and outer pieces together with the bottom so all the batting and fabric seam allowance is not showing? Can you tell I don't do anything but flat quilts? I should have paid more attention to 3-D projects in high school LoL. That was like 100 years ago though. Thanks!!!
Hi quiltingbuddy,

It is all in the pressing! When you are finished sewing them together and turn it to the outside press with a dry iron with a hot shot of steam to set it in place. I use a good sized pressing ham that has the curved edges. With the curved inside lining flap up facing you, You then make sure the seams are favored to the back side and give it a shot of steam, hold a second to set it, and then advance to the next area. Continue around in this manner and then the underneath fabric is "favored " to the back of the flap edge. Then sew the outline stitch around the top edge to finish. Does that make sense?

I might add that if you carefully trim away the batting from the seam allowance before you turn the bag, there is less batting to contend with.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-16-2013 at 12:03 PM.