Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 AM
irishrose

CindyA, when I was canning I draped a bleached white dish towel over the sterilized jars if they were ready before the food was. There are mold spores in the air that I wanted to keep out. I do use organic vinegar - my health food store carries another brand besides Bragg's that is better priced and doesn't taste quite as strong. I use store vinegar for cleaning, but not eating.

Yesterday was not a good eating day for me, either, but today I am back on track. I may have made a mistake at the grocery store. I bought Halloween candy that I like when I usually buy something I don't care for. Rain is predicted so I may not get my usual 180 trick or treaters.

GMO foods have been banned in Europe but we are so far behind in caring for our nation's health. I do try to avoid them, but we need more labeling to help with that. At least the growth hormones in milk are labeled now and are starting to be labeled in meat. It's easy to find hormone free milk and getting easier with the meat. What about the residual antibiotics in our poultry and meat supply? That's another thing that is starting to labeled in some brands so it can be avoided.

Healthy eating starts at the purchase point, that's for sure.