Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:13 AM

Default October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

On October 1, weigh yourself and write it down. Do NOT send it to me. On October 31st weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on November 3rd

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once winner is declared I will contact the winner and the FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

PM (private message) me for mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month.

You need to post to the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning FQ's aka "skinny quarters" and to be declared "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit chat is allowed and encouraged as wll as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keep us on track. Share any tips, recipes and encouraging words and {{HUGS}}

As we begin October, is senders choice, what would you like to receive back. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send you FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the mont. As the winner as worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight, but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be part of the Prize Adventure is October 4th at 9 pm CST. You are encouraged to contribute to te thread even if you are not in for the prize. All are welcome to join for support.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM

I will be in for October again. I am cleaning up my fabric stash and boy do I have a pile of fat quarters I did not realize I had because I tossed them in with the scraps. Silly me. think I can make a fat quarter quilt and then some. Will send one off to you this week.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

I am in again. It is uplifting to come here, even if to pray for what all is going on. I have got to get to my next project. I am trying to stay steady working on Christmas gifts for family this year. I will try to get my fat/skinny quarter out this week.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM

I'm in for October, as well. Hopefully, this group will keep me thinking about what I eat - what I plan to eat and what I won't eat!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:44 PM

I'm in again. I'll go through my fabric and come up with something to send you. Who would have ever imagined that fabric would be a great motivator for me to lose weight! haha Whatever works huh!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:57 PM

I'm in again. Just went for a walk and now eating an apple while the oven heats up. I'm planning on a good, healthy, nutritious month!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 AM

I need to find some hand work to take to the hospital with me, I know I have some snow ladies hand embroidery. I got to find them and get the going to keep me busy. I will be taking my laptop with me. Mom's surgery is scheduled for Nov 1st at 7 15 am. will be there for 3-4 days. I will be staying with her the whole time. The only time I will leave the hospital is when her husband comes up to relieve me during the day to go home and shower. I know I will be ready for my bed when I get home.

Will also plan my snacks and meals while I am there.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Those will be tough days, Cindy, but you can get through them. Sounds like you will be very prepared.
Just recorded my weight and breakfast on myfitnesspal. Time to get serious!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Cindy, your mom is blessed to have you. Do remember to walk and stretch, just sitting takes a lot out of you.

I'm in again. The challenge keeps me trying to make progress. It's apple season in NY so I'm a happy person.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM

As a reminder, if you wish to send in 3 months again....
Of course this month is senders choice

November is any blue/white
December is Batiks