Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Well I got my fat/skinny quarter package today! My husband was in the car, and said you sure are smiling. All of those florals (my favorite) are so so pretty. My mother always loved floral fabric. Just looking and feeling of each piece made me feel close to mom. I will put them all to good use, and have lots of fun doing so. Good luck to our next big loser/winner.

I am trying to think of some steady ways of mild exercise I can stay with. I know that would be more encouraging as it would help with losing inches while keeping with losing weight.

I did pretty good yesterday, and today. I wouldn't mind a real tasty salad with some cherry tomato, bit of cheese, carrot grated, cucumber, a bit of those sprinkle on dried bacon bits, low fat ranch dressing, all on a bed of dark lettuce. Yum!

I will be putting up a picture of the fabric by tomorrow. I had a flu shot yesterday, and feel somewhat draggy tonight.
Take care everyone.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM

So strange that I don't hear anything from this group for a few days and I'm thinking people must be really busy then I get a notice and there are 3 days worth of comments.
I'm still working on the purple heart quilt for my sister. Just a few more hours of quilting and then the binding. Looks like I have a chance of getting it done by saturday. I'm thinking about bringing the backing around for the binding. Is that bad? I babysat today and will again tomorrow so that really cuts into my time. Hopefully I can finish the quilting tonight.
Honeycrisp apples are on sale. I can't believe how good they are! I ate 2 of the today.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM

The quilt for the bazaar is finished. I should have taken a picture even though it's only 1/3 my work. This morning I worked on a donated kit for a baby quilt. It mixed quilting cottons, inexpensive satin and velour. I did not enjoy sewing the satin and velour together where they touched. FMQ the velour may be tricky, too.

I made soup with pork and any and all vegetables today. Very good. I also made Tea Time Tassies (little pecan tarts with cream cheese crust) but they were not for me. I know they are wonderful, but I used regular flour so I didn't get to sample before I delivered them.

My apples of choice are good old McIntoshes, but they don't store well so soon I'll have to switch - Ida Red? Pink Lady? Fugi? There are so many choices this year, so plentiful and low priced. Too bad I don't can food any more. Homemade applesauce is so much better than commercial. I could freeze some pie filling.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Oops! Need a little help here. I marked a heart pattern (with permanent marker) on glad press and seal and then sewed over it. It turned my white thread black. Ripped out the stitches and there is still black on my quilt. Is there any hope of getting this out? The only thing I can think of is to stitch over it in purple. My quilting really isn't good enough to have my stitches show that much - as you can tell in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 03:26 AM

Pam I have had some luck with rubbing alcohol or hair spray one permanent marker. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't do a thing. Good luck. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:22 PM

Pam, my suggestion would be to try meanmom's ideas and if they don't work stop worrying about it. My guess is that it will be hard to go over it and have your stitches end up exactly on top of it. Also, sometimes we are our own worse critics and other people probably don't notice it nearly as much as you do. I think your sister is going to notice that she has a permanent reminder of your love and support and not that there is something not perfect.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM

I am going to have a hard time losing any weight this month. I am on a huge peanut butter kick and have been eating way too much of it. I have to face the scale Saturday morning. I am scared!
I finally finished my GS quilt. He loves it. He sits on it making car noises. I got the pattern from a fellow board member. It was from a book.
I am currently working on a baby quilt for my niece. I have change my mind on the pattern more times than I would like to admit. It is a kaleidescope. I really like how it is coming out. It went together really fast. I chose the pattern because I was hanging my rulers up on the pegboard I finally put up, and found a ruler i don't remember buying. It just needs the last border and then layering and quilting etc.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01184.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Here is a pic of the fabric I won. Please excuse faded out places. My lighting not the greatest tonight. The fabric is all even prettier in real life.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443026[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_1498-small-.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 PM

Thanks for posting the picture JuneBillie. Sometimes I'll just leave fabric on my dresser or an end table so that I can admire it as I walk by. Especially if it's something I know I'm not going to get to use anytime soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM

Pretty fabrics! Reminds me that I am still sitting on my FQ's. I have not gotten them in the mail
Bad Girl
My elbow is still a pain, my foot has not been happy, My podiatrist re made my orthotics and for the last 10 days I have worn a very old pair. Not good. Have not been able to do much walking and standing.
Got my new ones late this afternoon and I can already tell that they are much much better for my feet. I am currently under ice on my elbow, just a few more minutes.
I finished quilting a quilt that will be donated for an auction on the 9th of November. I actually sewed the quilt together about 4 years ago and just never quilted it cause I did not know how to quilt it.
This weekend I will finish the hand sewing of the binding. Not sure about making the label this time. I will have to see if my machine will cooperate. It has issues with the computer screen and so I can't see what I have input into the machine for embroidery. May have to have a friend either do the label or at least do it up and give me a stick with it on there to just download into my machine
Today I sewed up the blocks for one of the 4 quilts I am making for the children of the two Navy pilots that were killed from my son's squadron. The others are cut out, maybe tomorrow I can sew up another set or two of blocks.
We are going down to my Mother's house on Sunday after church to spend the night. She is really lonely in that big house since my father has passed away. We will come back on Monday evening. I will work on the binding of my "Journey of Hope" quilt while DH drives. My pregnant daughter and grand daughter will drive down with us. Hopefully my elbow will let me get the binding sewn. It may not, I had issues about 12 days ago sewing bindings.
Hopefully I will get my FQ's out tomorrow. I am so sorry!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!