Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:01 AM

Ladies I am behind on letting you know that I have received your FQ's. Here is who I have so far.
Vanogay - 3 months
Meanmom - 3 months
Quiltersmomma - 3 months
irishrose - 1 month
junebillie -1 month

If I have forgotten to mention you....let me know. I know I am waiting for packages from countrymaid and Teddybear Lady.

This month has been a challenge for me, I am behind on mailing junebillie's winnings to her. they are going out today. I am sorry for being late in my mailing your winnings to you.

Mom's surgery is finally confirmed for November 1st. We will be in the hospital for 3-4 days. I will have my laptop with me and connect to the hospitals network for checking online.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I need some input on the quilt for my sister. The colors show pretty well here. There are many different colors. I'm just not sure about the 2 rows that are more violet than purple. Should I redo those blocks or do they look ok?
Pam,

I love the look. keep them as they are.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 AM

Cindy, I would think you should have my fqs. I mailed them a week ago. I hope all goes well with your mom's surgery.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Cindy, I would think you should have my fqs. I mailed them a week ago. I hope all goes well with your mom's surgery.

OOPS!! I knew I was fogetting someone, even with looking at my spreadsheet. You are on there and I did receive them.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Cindy let us know how your mom is as she has her surgery. I know you have a lot going on right now.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:06 PM

I like the darker rows - I vote to keep the quilt as is as well Pam.
Today was Quilts of Valor meeting. We are finishing up with 21 quilts we need for next month - Veteran's Day Service. We're honoring vets from the Vietnam era - have 16 that we know of and have 5 as extras. Had a good day. A real blessing that there are ladies out there that will make those quilts and then just give them away. Quilters are a great bunch!!

Last edited by Vanogay; 10-19-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Pushed send too soon
Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 AM

I'm not sure if it's just the angle that I'm looking at it, but from what I see I think you should shift the blocks around. If the rows are named A, B, C, D, and E, then move block B2 down to the spot E4. Move E2 up to the spot for A1. Just mix them up a little more. Does that make sense? It's going to be a very nice quilt, I know that will be meaningful for her!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
I'm not sure if it's just the angle that I'm looking at it, but from what I see I think you should shift the blocks around. If the rows are named A, B, C, D, and E, then move block B2 down to the spot E4. Move E2 up to the spot for A1. Just mix them up a little more. Does that make sense? It's going to be a very nice quilt, I know that will be meaningful for her!
Thanks, Cindy. I ended up alternating the purples and violets. It looks better. I'm now putting on sashing and cornerstones.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 AM

Good Morning Ladies.

PamH can't wait to see the final design on your sisters quilt.

I am working to finish up the boom swap I am in before mom's surgery. Also the secret santa swap...to get it ready to be mailed.

Our group has dwindled down..... any idea how we can get some of the lost members back. There are 8 of us this month and 1 here for support. I remember when we have 15 to 20 ladies.

Will have to see if we want to keep going with just a few of us.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:15 PM

I need 10 lashes with a wet noodle. I still have not gotten my FQ's in the mail.
I am having some issues with a nasty case of Tennis Elbow. It hurts to do ANYTHING! The last two weeks have been rough but the last 5 days have not been fun at all. I hate having to take Vicotin just to even think about trying to go to sleep or make it thru the day.
I will try and get my FQ's out.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!