Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: October Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Blog Entries
    Cindy I hope everything goes smoothly for your mom. Take care of yourself too. I will be praying for a speedy, smooth recovery. I think you need to change the prize for October to the person who consumed the most chocolate. I think I win!! I am surprised I have only gained one pound. I think I am taking the leftover candy to the homeless shelter. The weather here for trick or treat was awful. It rained a steady hard drizzle the entire time. At times it almost poured. They predicted possible severe storms. Several communities around here postponed it until tomorrow. We usually have about 250 kids. Only 75 showed up tonight.

We had tornadoes in our area tonight. A little town east of ours was hit. No one killed, but property damage. Police are there through the night and there is a curfew to keep looters out.

I ate my way through October and gained 3 lbs. I've been "stress" eating. Worried about my husband's 45 yr. old niece. She can't work or drive because she started passing out multiple times. She's been in hospital and had tests run, but they can't seem to find anything wrong. She is scheduled for a sleep study at the end of November. I know I can't "fix" her situation and I need to quit eating because of stress.

I've had a good week so far getting back on track with my diet plan. I had to laugh at the post about eating the most chocolate! haha That sounded like me, only I was eating anything and everything in site!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Debbie
    The Teddybear Lady

Forgot to add...I'm in again for November.

If I saw all the chocolate and candy that I ate piled up all together in front of me I think I'd be horrified!!! Glad Halloween is past.

Oh, CindyA, I'd be horrified by my pile too!

Blog Entries
    I am in again for November if I hadn't said so already.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Cindy, prayers for your mother's uneventful recovery from her surgery. Take care of yourself.

Anyone who wants to sign up for Nov needs to go to the Nov thread. Cindy has a link in post #146.

I'm not in the running this month either.

180 trick or treaters expected - 112 braved the rain and the lake at the end of my drive. The kids were great - a "little" rain didn't spoil their favorite holiday. I usually buy candy i don't like but I accidentally bought some little candy bars in flavors I do like. Not a good thing to have around. So far I haven't been too greedy.

The church bazaar is over now I can have my life back. I know it's for the good - it's all for missions, but it does take time. My youngest daughter just asked for a quilt. Does she have any idea how many hours that entails? No, of course not. I hope she's not in a hurry.

Have a good weekend, everyone. We actually had a bit of sunshine today - sun is good after a rainy week.

The October winner is countrymaid with a loss of 5.8 lbs. Congratulations
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm so excited. Now on to Onederland! I hope to arrive by Thanksgiving.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Countrymaid. Keep up the good work.

Congratulations Countrymaid! I know how exciting it is to see the number on the scales going down. I went this past Saturday and was able to buy smaller clothes. It sure has helped my attitude a lot. Going from a size 26 pants in Jan. of this year to an 18 now is very motivating for me. Keep up the good work!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7