View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

DH and I go to Texas but last year went to Alabama, too cold there. Anyway, there is so much to do in the campground, usually a quilt group to join. I always take my sewing machine and all my necessaries: thread, mat, rotary cutter and extra blades. Then I find patterns of quilts I want to make and get all the yardage for that quilt, wrap it in a big plastic bag so it's all together. If you can find a luggage carrier that folds, it is perfect for hauling your sewing machine to the quilt group if they do that. Pack your stuff really good and put it on the floor in the back seat so if the dogs step on it, no harm done. If you want, you could just take your patterns and buy the fabric in Florida. People are friendly in the campgrounds and there are so many things to do and see. Drive around the area and see what is going on: flea markets, festivals etc. One thing I think is important is to subscribe to the local paper, you will find out what is happening in the area, don't just stay in the campground I do hope you have a wonderful time.