View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 AM
Debbie C

I have been a huge IKEA fan for many years and have often referred board members there for any particular item, especially Expedit or Billy storage systems. When you walk in, you do have a choice of stairs or elevator after grabbing a specialized cart that easily holds their shopping tote bags. After exiting the elevator or reaching the top step, you will see more shopping bags, rulers, pencils and catalogs on display. Every IKEA store I have ever been to, and we're talking ALOT!! has the choice to skip a department with 'short cut' signs hanging from the ceilings. I NEVER shortcut, as you never know what's waiting for you just around the next bend!!
I purchased my daughter's (both of them) bedroom furniture sets more than 22 years ago and now that they are both out of the house, that furniture went with them and is all STILL holding up beautifully!! Yes, it was very inexpensive, but very STURDY as well. I remember paying $69 for one of the 3-drawer dressers in a soft gray color. It was super easy to assemble. I also bought the double dressers, nightstands and beds to match.
Less than a month ago, while in Florida visiting my parents, they donated their $1,600.00 Sleep Number very uncomfortable mattress and replaced it with the Sultan Finnvik memory foam queen size for less than $400. After sleeping on it the first night, they were so completely happy with their purchase!! No back pain for mom!!
I could go on and on, but I know some will love IKEA, some not so much. If you have not been there, treat yourself, but prepare to spend a couple of hours. And have a meal there!! The food is amazing!!