Old 11-20-2013, 08:33 PM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I did a lot of sewing with metallic thread on Brat's quilt that I am mailing out this week. I used regular sulky in the bobbin, sulky metallic on top. I also had read to use some Sewer's Aid, just a bit, on the thread, needle, etc, so I bought some. I always keep a Bobbin Genie in, and lastly I used Klasse' metallic needle. Went a lil slower with the stitching, and it was so much better than the last time I used metallic! Also if you have one, using a thread stand is supposed to help, as it gives more room for the thread to unkink prior to getting to the needle eye.
Take care,
Kif
(Note to self to find out what a "bobbin genie" is.) I'm using sulky regular in the bobbin and sulky metallic for the top as well. I've never bought or used sewer's aid before, but I have heard of it. I got the needles that my LQS suggested for what I was using it for. I don't know if Klasse' needles fit my machine, but I'd try it if it doesn't do this on me!

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
omg.. binding.. how boring is that!
Binding is actually one of my favorite parts. It's like putting decorative icing on what could otherwise be a boring cake.

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
DustysMomma- your runner made it to the post office today. Lady said it should be to you on Thursday.
I got it in the mail today, but haven't had an opportunity to photograph it. I think she's going to love it! I have used the same fabric you used as binding on the runner I'm struggling with over this metallic thread