Thread: Juki long arm
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 06:49 AM
gvolle44

Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
Any updates from the crowd? Has anyone on this board purchased this machine. (I'm biting at the bit!)
RI finally got the QVP up and running. It's great although I don't have much to compare to. The assembly wasn't too bad, but I have u even floors that took some finesse to get the machine level which is essential. I loaded my leaders, and batting, backing and top and was quilting away in minutes! The bobbin case is a bit tricky to set in as it takes an added click. I remember having to do this on another brand so I wasn't too frustrated. The only negative thing was I set the frame up as a 7 ft not allowing for the width of the machine on either side, so instead of having 84 inches for quilting, there is only 70 which does a twin size but not a queen. Looks like I will reconfigure it for the queen after I finish the quilt that is on it. In retrospect, if I had known this, I wouldn't have purchased the 2 ft extension package as I don't think I like the limitations of the 7ft. Frame. The Juki is a dream to work with. I downloaded the PDF manual in order to get the small pieces assembled and the threading instructions. They send a PC version do a CD with this on it, but I use Mac so had to find it on the web.

So after a 10k renovation on my basement, I'm finally set up and stitching away on my bargain priced Virtuoso QVP 2200 system. (My husband didn't think it was such a bargain after doing the renovation, haha!)