View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Fabric Hound

Default Scrapbookers please help

Hi, I have watched scrapbooking shows in the past so I know a small amount about the subject. This past week I saw a Christmas tree decorated with paper roses and it was beyond beautiful to me. So I went on a quest to find out more about the tree. Could not find anything about it. Could not even find a picture on Pinterest. I searched the internet for a tutorial on how to make paper roses and I found one on the type of rose I was looking for. This tutorial used one of those craft machines with a die to cut the paper for the rose but I think I can do it with scissors. I also found a hint saying to use scalloped scissors to cut out the paper parts.

So Sunday loaded with my coupons from Joanns and Michaels I went looking for scrapbook paper to make this tree. What I found out is that the 12 x 12 packets of scrapbook paper is the same as buying a Layer Cake or Fat Quarter bundle of fabric. Only half the pages are useable for a project. Some pages are labels, some are glitter. Some just would not work for a paper rose.

So here is my question. Does a designer of scrapbook paper work the same as a designer of fabric? Do you accumulate the paper 12 x 12 packs each year until you get enough to make a project? I looked thru the loose papers and there were none that would work. Also between the 2 stores the packets of paper were by different companies and I don't think they would work together color wise as one was based on white backgrounds and the other based on tan backgrounds.

The only store left is Hobby Lobby and I will try to get there this week and see what they have but I suspect it will be the same situation I found at Joanns and Michaels.

Are there any Christmas papers that are not sold at the big box craft stores?

If I have confused you I am sorry. LOL Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,